PowUtilities deliver SMART electricity, gas & water metering technology, designed specifically for multi-occupancy sites, such as residential & holiday parks, managed & serviced offices & industrial units.
PowUtilities remote metering technology is installed on thousands of UK residential & holiday homes, offering accurate, automatic metering & centralized billing.
Benefits To Site Owners
- Consultancy on metering deployment, utility procurement, services negotiation & site development.
- Meter reading is automatic – No need to take manual readings.
- End-users (tenants) pay online in advance – No need to collect money.
- Protection from utility price increases & bad debt – Change & backdate tariffs via our portal.
- Easy to retrofit to existing installations or install on new units.
- Complete service – Installation, management & support.
- Fully MID & OFGEM compliant.
Click here for the PowUtilities brochure.
Benefits to End-Users (Tenants)
- Fair payment for the electricity, gas & water actually consumed.
- Online visibility of usage, including the ability to see if consumption occurs when the property is vacant, which could indicate a gas leak or unauthorized use.
- Environmentally-friendly. This Pay-As-You-Go solution has been proven to encourage more considerate consumption, reducing the overall costs to the user & reducing energy & water usage & waste.
How Does The PowUtilities Solution Work?
- PowUtilities supply and fit our proprietary metering technology- retrofit or new units.
- Readings are taken at user-defined intervals and sent to the PowUtilities portal.
- End-users (eg caravan owners) pay via the portal & top up credit before utilities are consumed.
- End users can view their consumption and credit on their unique online account
- PowUtilities send Sites a fully OFGEM compliant, monthly consumption report, detailing consumption on all monitored units & cost to the customer.
- The end user pays us a service charge for reading the meters.
- Site owners pay nothing & may agree rebates or commissions.
- Site owners invoice PowUtilities, based on consumption reports & site owners pay their utility suppliers.
- It is also possible for Sites to administrate the system themselves, generally in the case of short-term rentals.
How can we help you with multi-occupancy SMART metering?